Sunday 27 February 2011

Orange Classic Rally and Heavy Duty Sewing

This weekend we took Olga out for her final test run before being sent overseas.  To her credit she behaved perfectly.  We breathed a collective sigh of relief, I can tell you.

The weather was just ideal for motorcycling and we travelled through some lovely countryside.

February 2011 008

There was a terrific variety of old bikes.  This sidecar was gorgeous and won the section. It was being ridden by the owner’s daughter.

February 2011 003

Here us a closeup.

February 2011 015

There was a good roll up of side cars, which was good to see.

February 2011 009

Lunch was at the delightful village of Carcoar.  There are some lovely old buildings there.

February 2011 022

However, it is rather sleepy on a Saturday afternoon.

February 2011 021

It was hard to make a decision as to which bikes were the best.

February 2011 020

Our mate Norm won a trophy with his lovely old Velocette.

February 2011 016

The day was completed with a yummy dinner, eaten outdoors as the evening was so lovely.  The rally is based at the Scout Camp at Lake Canobolas and we camped overnight.

February 2011 033

Today, after we returned home, I actually did some sewing.  The first for the month, which is a bit sad.

I sewed some more badges onto Mick’s leather bike vest.  Some of these have been waiting to be sewn on since 2008!!! You can’t rush into these things.

February 2011 041

It isn’t my favourite type of sewing and is a bit hard on my machine, but the job is done, in time to send the vest with the bike in a fortnight.

I’ll now see if I can finish some other little thing so I can put in on my side bar for the end of the month.

6 comments:

Chookyblue...... said...

another great weekend.........I know someone else madly preparing leathers......lol

Maria said...

What a beautiful day to have the wind in your hair. thanks for sharing the lovely pics.

BubzRugz said...

I get mesmerised looking at windfarm blades turning...
A lovely day out...
Hugz

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

2008 Janice....LOL...Mick will be happy, sounds like it was a good weekend...

Shelley said...

Not my favorite type of sewing either...but, I do it...LOL
Love the vintage bikes! Seeing all the sun there makes me so excited for the summer here so we can get on our Sasha and go riding !!
The Rally looked like so much fun! Glad you had a good time and Olga is ready for her next adventure....

Misty said...

Some beautiful views :)