Tuesday 18 March 2014

Girls Day in the Country - Friday

Everything seems a bit quiet now that the big weekend is behind us.  After so much build up, we had a hectic couple of days, and now it is a whole year before the next get together.

I had quite a drive on Friday morning, leaving home at sparrow’s fart.  The plus side of that is I was able to enjoy the beautiful sunrise.

Nundle March 2014 002

My route took me across the gorgeous Bylong Valley.  By the time I reach Muswellbrook I was ready for a nice coffee and cake.  You can’t rough it, you know.

Nundle March 2014 Phone 008

We have been really fortunate with recent rainfalls here, but the further north I travelled the dryer it became, with quite a few cattle on the road.

 Nundle March 2014 Phone 009

After checking in at the caravan park, I headed over to the pub, where everyone gathered for our usual lunch.  You can’t half tell we are bloggers, cameras were clicking madly. (Kate, Alison, Peg and Dale)

Nundle March 2014 007

Everyone was having a lovely time getting reacquainted.  Lots of chatting – fancy that!

Here we have Cheryl, Fiona and Dzintra.

Nundle March 2014 011

Miss Jules and Kerri.

Nundle March 2014 008

Sam, Shez, Ann and Maree.

Nundle March 2014 012

I wonder who that masked woman is?  I tell you what, you can dress them up, but you can’t take them out.

Nundle March 2014 009

And that’s all the photos this slack blogger took on Friday – too busy chatting. 

We had a lovely visit to Kerry’s shop, which look fabulous after her revamp.  A few bits and bobs may have come home with me and rather a lot of chatting took place – fancy that !

After lunch we had a storm go through and then it was drizzly during the rest of afternoon.  Funnily, no one complained at all.

Nibblies were enjoyed in the barbecue area, due to the weather, but we still had a lovely time.  Lots of chatting – fancy that!

Then, as usual, we headed to Mount Misery for dinner and lot more chatting – fancy that!

It was a great day of catching up, ready for the big day on Saturday.

6 comments:

Fairy Floss Stitches said...

great pic's Janice! Loved the sunrise.
can't believe you did so much chatting!!.. I thought you were the quiet one!! LOL

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Great photos Janice .....LOL....

Anonymous said...

Great pics Janice, so nice to catch up again. Xx

Susan said...

Looks like it was as much fun as usual....I'll be there next year!

Anonymous said...

lovely pics Janice,it was good to meet you and now i have found your blog i will be visiting.xx

Chookyblue...... said...

gorgeous sunrise.........I love being up at "sparrows fart".........definitely can't take the masked lady out......lol