Sunday 28 September 2014

Sunday Morning

The weather this morning is glorious.

Unfortunately, Mick has to work but I have just been sitting on the verandah working on this.

September 2014 021

I do love it now the days are getting longer.  Even though Mick had a relatively early start, we had a nice breakfast together and I was then sitting outside stitching at just after seven o’clock in the bright sunshine.  I could justify this as we normally aren’t even out of bed at this time on a Sunday.  We had another frost this morning, but it quickly melted and the sun was warm on my back. 

Joey was also quite contented, sitting in the sun.

September 2014 020

One of our crab apples is the latest plant in our garden to wake up.  You can hear the bees humming in the blossoms.

September 2014 019

While I stitched there was a background soundtrack of early morning bird calls.  I think the whole bird world was celebrating this lovely day.  I either saw or heard all of these:

Magpie, currawong, chough, peewee, kookaburra, butcher bird, sulphur crested cockatoo, crimson rosella, eastern rosella, noisy miner, crested pigeon, willy wag tail, blue wren and robin.  Not too shabby for only about an hour.  I saw my first robin on Friday and there are a pair of them flitting around.  I do hope they nest. No, they won’t sit still long enough for a portrait.

OK! Now the binding is finished and a fresh little breeze has picked up, so I should get dressed, do the dishes, hang the washing and do a little tidy up so that I can enjoy the rest of the day.

September 2014 023

I’ll share the “Ta Da” moment when I have taken some photos.

3 comments:

Susan said...

Sounds like a perfect Sunday morning....except for Mick being at work. It really is a beautiful time of year. Looking forward to the big reveal!

Rachaeldaisy said...

What a wonderful way to start the day! I love your list of birds. You get a few that we don't. What a treat to have a pair of Robins visit. I'm sure they will stay, how could they resist such a pretty garden.

Maria said...

What a fabulous morning to sit on in the sun and stitch down the binding.
What a great array of birds you are lucky enough to have there...
Is that the little quilt you were working on sometime ago?